4.27.2010

napa valley wedding :: yvette + adrian

Yvette and Adrian got married at Auberge du Soleil in the Calistoga/Napa Valley area. As you can see by the photos it's like being in Tuscany, with the rolling hills and vineyards that surround the area! I frequent Napa Valley a lot for shoots, which gives me the great advantage of scouting out unique locations. It seems I always discover something new each time because of the changing seasons and my endless curiosity. This last time around, we found this abandoned vintage trailer, which really added a nice pop of color to the warm tones of the dry grass and of course the beautiful sunflower field. We were really lucky to be there at the height of the blooming season, as you can see we got some great shots of the bride and groom enjoying the giant flowers. The area has an incredible country side charm, which we really took advantage of, with the use of the barns, flowers and organic textures...what a beautiful wedding!





















7 comments:

Emily @ Southern Weddings said...

Gorgeous, Mel! I love the images of Yvette with her bridesmaids.

Lucia @ D*LSH Design said...

so happy to see you blogging again. we miss you.

what a beautiful wedding. i could swim in the sunflowers.

Mel said...

I know, i miss me blogging! The amazing Amber at my studio has been helping me prepare the images in perfect pairs which she has such an amazing eye for. We are getting some nice big posts stored up, can't wait to keep publishing them! I want to post everything right nowww. yahoooooo!! Thanks for commenting:)

People St.Clair said...

Every image is simply lovely. My favorite are the sunflowers too. I'm so glad you are blogging and can't wait for more beautiful photographs.

allnsundry said...

so glad to see a new blog post! i love the covered bridge + sunflowers, and the ones of them under the tree near the barns. so pretty! i also want to peek inside the blue trailer! Lovely!!

Laura said...

Gorgeous work from mel barlow, as always.

Caught the Light said...

I've missed your weddings!
Such beautiful photos-you really are so talented.
More please!